If you are following me on Instagram (@joey_g911) or following our ADO Fitness pages (@ado_fitness and @adofitnessmealprep) then you know we are ALL ABOUT those macro friendly treats! Whether you are preparing for a competition, on a cut, or reverse dieting, it is always good to have some savory and sweet snack ideas up your sleeve for when those cravings hit! Below are a few on my go-to snacks that I wanted to share with you!
- Rice cakes with hummus – if you know me, you know I LOVE my rice cakes and beet hummus! I used to buy the beet hummus from Trader Joe’s, but unfortunately they stopped making it, so I found a recipe for homemade beet hummus online. It’s super easy and very macro friendly as well. If you don’t like beet hummus, you can use any kind you want. There are so many different kinds – edamame, black bean, red pepper, traditional – that you can continue to come up with different combinations depending on your mood! Oasis brand even has fat free options! I also will add chicken, fish, or eggs/egg whites to mine for added protein.
- Protein ice cream – This snack is super low carb and a great VOLUME food! All you have to do is mix 1 scoop protein powder of your choice with 1 cup almond or cashew milk, 1 tsp xantham gum, and ice in your blender or bullet and you will come out with a delicious ice cream! Since it is so low carb, I love to add delicious toppings like fruit, cereal, pretzels, or cookies to mine if I have the extra macros!
- Lily’s Lean Machines protein treats – I have posted about Lily’s Lean Machines (@lilysleanmachines) a ton on my Instagram, so if you follow me, you already know these are the BOMB! She makes a ton of high protein/low carb treats that you can easily fit into your day, no matter what your macros are! From cookie bites to peanut butter cups, she definitely has your sweet cravings covered! Lily’s Lean Machines discount code: Joey15
- Baby cucumbers – Not only are these probably the cutest vegetable you have ever seen, but they are super easy to travel with! Pack a few in a Ziploc baggie and they are perfect for eating on the go. I dip mine in hummus or Bolthouse Farms dressing (super macro friendly!) for some extra flavor.
- Trader Joe’s 7 Grain Bread – Proof that you don’t have to give up bread to achieve your goals, this bread from Trader Joe’s only has 7 carbs and 3 fiber per slice! I will add peanut butter, jelly, hummus, or just eat it plain! It has great flavor and is all-natural with no preservatives or fillers.
- SALADS!! – My go-to food when I am hungry and want volume! Veggies are typically low in carbs, packed with fiber, and will keep you full. Make sure to add a protein source to help with fullness as well. Add some of that Bolthouse Farms dressing that I mentioned earlier and you are good to go!
Hopefully this helped give you guys some ideas on what can keep you full and alleviate your cravings all while staying within your macros and allowing you to reach your goals! Remember that no food is off limits, it’s all about moderation and balance!